Given the weather over the last fortnight it is no surprise that the Careel Bay fields remain closed for football. Although our intention was to begin training for seniors this week, it’s unlikely we’ll be in a position to do this.

The forecast for the next 36 hours remains very poor with significant rainfall ahead. Once we hit some drier days we’ll be in a position to determine a timeframe for training to commence that takes into account the water on the pitches, the grass length and the forecast. Until you hear from us please assume NO TRAINING at Careel Bay.

Field 1 remains out of commission until March 18th at least, due to re-seeding.

We appreciate your patience and compliance with this as we look to have our fields in the best possible condition for seasons launch.